Idea Store Employment Advice
Looking for employment advice and support? Idea Store Employment Advice offers face to face advice and online support, to assist you to find that job or change career. Browse, download or burn to CD an exciting selection of audiobooks and eBooks available via the eLibrary.
Working for Idea Store
If you are interested in working for Idea Stores, you should look out for advertised vacancies on the Council's web site.
COBRA - The 'Business Opportunity Profiles' are ideal for the job seeker and for interview preparation, with detailed information on qualifications and skills, market and trading issues and useful contacts. COBRA can be accessed at your local Idea Store library or from home.
- Assess your skills in areas vital to achieving and sustaining employment such as time management, communication, motivation and problem solving.
- Step by step guide to help you to create a Jobmatch account, including setting up a profile, searching for jobs and, most importantly, creating a CV.
- Help with gaining or improving the skills you need for job hunting, including good customer skills, job interview preparation and how to cope with the change of starting a new job.
- Find out about Universal Credit, eligibility and how to create an account and how to make a claim.
Employment Advice Sessions in Idea Stores
Are you disabled, aged 16 to 24 and unemployed?
First impressions, first experiences programme can support you to:
• gain valuable skills and work experience
• get one to one and group support
• have access to your own business mentor who’ll advise, guide and share their ‘real life’ experiences
• build your confidence and self-esteem
• make new friends along the way
• create a future of possibilities.
Book your place now on this exciting 14 week programme for young disabled people living in Tower Hamlets and surrounding London boroughs.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07807 799 928
Job Support Sessions
WorkPath is a unique employment service for all Tower Hamlets residents, providing support for people at all levels of work, skill or experience. If you live in Tower Hamlets, we can provide employment support tailored to your needs, whether you need basic skills or advanced training; access to work experience, apprenticeships or graduate schemes; CV help, interview preparation and more. Based on your individual experience and circumstances, they will then help identify what support you need, and develop your own unique action plan towards achieving your goals, or WorkPath.
Telephone: 020 7364 0626 Email email@example.com
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9.30am - 5pm Idea Store Whitechapel
Job Support Sesions
Delivered in partnership with Krypton Training Ltd, a specialist Careers Advice and Employment Support service provider.
1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month, 10am - 5pm, Idea Store Bow
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, 10am - 5pm, Idea Store Chrisp Street
1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10am - 5pm, Idea Store Watney Market
2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 10am - 5pm, Idea Store Canary Wharf
Do you need support looking for a job? Pop in and we will be happy to help and answer any of your employment questions. Visit our Job Club which offers free, friendly advice on:
- Getting back into work
- Finding suitable training courses
- Careers and Benefits advice
- Developing your employability skills
- C.V. writing and application form writing
- Searching for a job and interview techniques
Tuesdays 10.30am - 4pm, term-time only, Cubitt Town Library
Do you need support looking for a job? then visit our Job Club which offers free, friendly advice on:
• Finding suitable training courses
• Developing your employability skills
• Writing C.V’s and application form
• Searching for a jobs and interview techniques
Every Wednesday 9.30am - 12.30pm, Idea Store Whitechapel
A wide range of audiobooks and eBooks available to download to your PC or mobile device or burn to CD.