We have developed a range of rich and varied photographic courses all designed to help you develop your skills and expertise as a photographer. Whether you wish to simply update your existing skills or develop an excellent photographic portfolio or work towards employment within the sector we have a course to suit your needs.
A taste of some of the courses on offer:
- Get to Know Your Digital Camera
- Basic Digital Photography
- Take Professional Photos for your Web Site and Social Media Platforms
- Black and White Darkroom Techniques
- Portrait Photography
- Street Photography in the East End
- Photography Walks in Tower Hamlets
For learners with some existing knowledge and skills there are courses for you too. Progress by joining one of our more all levels* improvers or advanced courses:
- Portrait photography - Improvers
- Black and White Darkroom Techniques – All Levels
- Photoshop for Photographers – All Levels
- Digital Photography – Intermediate
- Photography Workshop
*All Levels courses are a mix of learners of all levels including advanced learners who may be working on individual projects or developing more advanced skills and techniques. You will be taught by highly skilled photography practitioners and supported by a range of excellent resources.
Photography in Lockdown
The 'Photography in Lockdown' course was the photography tutors' response to the Covid 19 crisis and the temporary suspension of all face to face teaching. It was delivered free to existing photography students, the intention being to explain and demonstrate how to use the everyday environment to produce quality images. The subject areas included still life photography at home, using a window to light a portrait and street photography.
This exhibition is a distilation of the great photographs produced during the course in response to the assignments. The course will continue through the second half of the autumn term.