Applications for Writeidea Volunteers 2018 will be open later in 2018.
• Are you interested in hearing authors speak at an event??
• Do you want to help readers to hear authors?
We need volunteers who can:
• Meet and greet the authors.
• Guide the public.
• Assist with evaluation: engaging with readers who attend the festival and asking for their feedback.
• Helping events run smoothly and creating the right atmosphere; so that audiences and first timers in particular feel comfortable.
We need people who:
• Have an outgoing personality and can speak to people will confidence.
• Are able to solve problems.
• Are able to take guidance.
• Come with skills that they want to put into practice.
In return you can expect to:
• Work as part of the events team.
• Help deliver a fun and informative event to individuals, families and groups.
• Have the chance to meet new people and build friendships.
• Build on existing skills and interests.
• Gain accreditation.
• Receive appropriate training.
You will be expected to:
• Attend a briefing before the festival.
• Attend a maximum of 2 training sessions.
• Attend at least 2 out of the 3 days of the festival.
• Wear a t-shirt and badge on the festival days.