The Idea Store website has been designed to be accessible to all web users, irrespective of individual abilities and browser type.
This statement gives information about accessibility features, and levels of conformance to industry standards.
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that provide links to important areas of the site. Windows users can press ALT + an access key, followed by RETURN for those using Microsoft Internet Explorer. Apple Macintosh users can press CONTROL + an access key.
This website uses the following UK Government standard access keys:
- Access key s - Skip to content
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 3 - Site map
- Access key 4 - Search
- Access key 8 - Terms and Conditions
- Access key 0 - Accessibility statement
The following additional access keys are also available:
- Access key n - Skip to navigation
- Access key i - Idea Stores
- Access key l - Learning
- Access key h - Local History
- Access key c - Contact Us
Some web browsers provide the ability to switch between alternative style sheets. There are five text size settings that can be set by using this feature: Default, Small, Large, Larger and Largest. These settings range from 9 pixels to 20 pixels in height.
All pages on this site conform to the following standards where possible:
- W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Single A. All pages on the site have been reviewed and comply with all priority 1 guidelines to the best of our knowledge.
- HTML. All pages have been validated using the W3C HTML Validation Service
- CSS. All style sheets have been validated using the W3C CSS Validation Service