We welcome enquiries from potential volunteers. Tell us what you would like to get involved with. If we do not have current availability we can add you to our waiting list to contact you at a later stage.
What can I do?
Volunteers have been making a vital contribution to our service for over two decades. With guidance from staff, individual get involved in a wide range of projects:
- transcribing and indexing
- repackaging items to help with long term preservation
- helping to develop and deliver public events. This includes exhibitions, film screenings, book sales and family history days
- helping to digitise local history library and archive material, including photos
- identifying duplicate stock
- helping visitors at Access Open Days with research support
Why volunteer here?
We work hard to make sure that volunteering with us brings many benefits, such as:
- developing experience, skills and confidence
- learning new things
- furthering research interests
- social interaction and enjoyment