Are you a community group leader looking for unique activities for your participants? Are you are a lecturer looking to refresh your students’ research skills? Do you know an ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) group? Would they enjoy a themed activity involving literacy, listening or conversation with a local focus? Perhaps you’re in a youth group looking for some heritage inspiration for a creative project?
Our local history library and archive collections contain a wealth of potential for engaging and inspiring learners of all ages and backgrounds. Our Learning and Participation Team deliver a wide range of learning formats from engaging illustrated talks, facilitated collections-led conversations, accessible exhibition tours, and creative workshops, reminiscence sessions and much more!
We have worked with the following range of groups
- University students
- Youth groups
- ESOL learners, Erasmus students, lifelong learners
- A wide range of community groups
- Art, drama and creative writing classes
- Local history groups
- Groups or charities supporting disabled people
- U3A, Age UK and other older people’s groups
- Many local businesses and large organisations
- Small local charities and voluntary groups, which provide support to people affected by (for example) homelessness or dementia
Please note, we require at least two months’ notice if you would like to book us to deliver a workshop or tour.
If you would like to engage with Tower Hamlets history please contact us.